Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Trippin' with that Lomochrome Purple!


Last year, I reported on using my one and only roll of Lomochrome Purple XR 100-400.  In the fall, I immediately placed an order for 5 rolls when Lomo announced they were accepting pre-orders for a new batch.  The film arrived back in May, I think, but due to the whole moving thing, my rolls were tucked away until things were settled here in North Carolina.  In August, I finally shot the first of my Lomochrome Purple in my Olympus Trip 35.  I sent the roll to The Darkroom earlier this month, and they processed the film.    I scanned the negatives in my Epson V700 scanner, and of course, I am really liking the results.  I shot the film at ISO 200, and the Trip 35 is the perfect camera for these wacky films.  I am not tying up an SLR with an unusual film, and as the Trip 35 takes up so little space in my bag, I can carry it with me on multiple photo shoots and it's there when I see something that I think would look good in that alternate reality world of Lomochrome Purple.

Here are a few images from the roll.  Most of them are on my Flickr page, as well.  I think the 200 ISO rating gives some nice results, and it's like a faux color infra-red film.  I know that I'll get the best results in full sun, so I try to go with that when I can.  I really enjoy using the Olympus Trip 35, and it remains one of my favorite little cameras.

Sierra Nevada Brewery, Mills River, NC

These flowers are really yellow and orange. 

Bridge over reed Creek, UNC Botanical Garden

UNC Botanical Garden

UNC Botanical Garden

Kudzu, of course. Now otherworldly. 

NC Arboretum

NC Arboretum

A favorite spit is the deck at New Belgium Brewing
New Belgium Brewing, Asheville

New Belgium Brewing, Asheville


New Belgium Brewing



No comments: