Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Expired Fuji Reala -- Success!



A few weekends ago, I picked up a boatload of film at an estate sale (posted here).  I was anxious to try out the 35mm Fuji Reala, as I remember it being a very good color film.  I put a roll of it into my Nikon FM2N and used it with various lenses, all in a couple of days at work and one lunch hour downtown.  I sent the roll off to The Darkroom in California, and last night, I received the news that my film was on its way back, and that the scanned negatives were online.  I shot the Reala at the box speed of ISO 100, since by doing that, I would have a better idea if it had degraded over the years since its expiration date of 1997.  It has been refrigerated the whole time, I believe, and not left in the glove compartment of a car (which is a problem with expired films of unknown provenance-one usually has no idea how it was stored).  The exposures look like fresh film, with nice saturation and no apparent graininess.  Shadow detail is good, too.

Handout

The Michigan theater

Fifty cents

Red Car


Leafy Light

Quiet But Stylish

Icy drain




No comments: