Sunday, June 28, 2020

Just a Little Break

I have been on a tear the past 6 months, writing a blog post almost every week.  As you can see, I have one post for the month of June.  It's good to take a bit of break and get material together for some future posts.  Last week, I went on my first meetup with another photographer, Joseph Brunjes (Joby) , a native North Carolinian that you may have heard speak on the Film Photography Project Podcast. Joby's an excellent large-format photographer and a first-rate person, and we had a great day at Linville Falls, which is only a little over an hour away from me.  You can view some of Joby's work on Instagram

Joby at Duggars Creek with his Noblex camera


Linville Falls, taken with a Nikon 1V1 and c-mount lens.

We had guests for 5 days last week, so I had to remove all of my film-developing stuff from the downstairs bathroom.  I hope to get back to the accumulating film in the coming week. I also finally got my stereo stuff set up downstairs, records out of the boxes, and CDs accessible.  It's been almost a year since we moved here, and yet there are boxes that have not been emptied.  We took our guests to the Biltmore Estate, which is a great place to visit, and while the inside is quite dim, one can get some good results with a little care and a large-aperture lens.  If the indoors isn't your thing, the trails and gardens are sure to delight.  We have a year's pass, which is definitely worth the it!

A few photos from Biltmore, all taken with my Nikon 1V1.  I'll see y'all again in July!















No comments: