Saturday, May 22, 2010

Sublime Saturday Morning


This morning has been a misty, overcast day. Not raining hard enough to deter me from photography, yet too wet to do yard work. One of those mornings where sipping a cup of coffee and sitting on a front porch can be a delicious psychological treat. The garden is luscious with all the recent rain, and the lilac's perfume is heavy. It's one of those times when all can seem right with one's corner of the world, and a moment to be taken in slowly and appreciatively.

I decided to shoot a roll of film in my Nikon F3HP with a newly-acquired 105mm 2.5 lens. I knew that I wanted to get close (and this is not the micro-Nikkor), so I put on the PK13a extension tube. I managed to quickly go through a 36 exposure roll of Kodak Gold 100, which I will drop off at Walgreens in a bit.

I also took some photos with my Canon Powershot G11, one of which is shown here. I think it captured the essence of the moment pretty well. I'm leaving for a week in Marquette on Monday, so I'm getting all my photo gear together this weekend. I promise to have images up when possible.

I hope you have a relaxing Saturday, too.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Nigel said...

Very nice grass blade image, works well in monochrome and would make an engaging print.

Is Walgreen's the best C41 processor in AA? Which one? Any other recommendations? I use Meijer's on Jackson Road, but they are a bit inconsistent in film handling.

Thanks, Nigel.

mfophotos said...

I don't know if it's the best locally, but the one on Washtenaw and Huron Parkway works well for me. They seem to always have the same people working there, which is a plus.