Tuesday, October 23, 2007

It's been a busy few weeks, ya know.

Since the last time I blogged on 10/12, I have been busy with a number of things. First, and foremost, was the big annual photographica sale put on by the Michigan Photographic Historical Society that took place in Novi on 10/14. I had great help from my friends Ross and Amy, as we had a van full (and then some) of stuff to sell on behalf of MiPHS. We did really well, selling about $1900 worth of cameras, accessories and books, and most importantly, ridding me of about 80% of what was being stored in my garage.
boxes of "stuff"
checking out the stuff

The day before that, Dennis accompanied me to Historic Fort Wayne, just S of Detroit, where we met up with Ralph and wandered around taking shots (mostly with toy cameras) of some interesting dilapidation at the fort. Things are improving there, but nonetheless, the crumbling buildings are interesting material.
weathered door

the grapes that ate the building

Finally, this past weekend, Adrienne and I drove to Marquette to see our daughter, Marjorie, and partake in a Parents' Weekend at NMU. I'll blog that separately.

No comments: