Saturday, May 05, 2007

Door Peninsula 5 am


algoma sunrise
Originally uploaded by mfophotos.

Last night Marjorie and I checked into the Algoma Beach Motel on the outskirts of Algoma, Wisconsin. Our plan is to do some photography in Door County today, and then head home to Ann Arbor tomorrow. I was in Sturgeon Bay and Bailey's Harbor for a few days in 2000, when I attended the Hine's Emerald Dragonfly conference at the Ridges Sanctuary. Since then, I have grown as a photographer, as 2000 was when I started taking it seriously. It will be an interesting day, I'm sure!

This morning I woke at 6 am on my watch to see the sunrise out the window. I grabbed my camera, realized that I left the tripod in the car, and just went sans support onto the blacony overlooking the lake, and shot a bunch of frames, supporting the camera as steadily as possible. Marjorie joined me, too. Then realizing it was a little after 5 am local time, we both went back to sleep.

No comments: