Saturday, December 31, 2005

Dec. 31, 2005


last day of the year...
Originally uploaded by argusmaniac.
It has been an incredibly gray week and a half. I think the sun ALMOST popped out on Wednesday when we had a brief thunderstorm, but withinb a few minutes, it was hidden by more clouds. As a result, I have not been too inclined to go out shooting anywhere -- gray and dull. Instead, I have been scanning in slides and negatives and posting them on Flickr. I am amazed at how many sheets of negatives of b&w film I accumulated this year. Probably about 50 rolls of film, both 35mm and medium format. Only a few sheets of slides, since I had been doing most color work with the digital camera, unless it was landscapes or working with my classic cameras.

I took this shot this afternoon -- it was still gray, but we had wet snow that was melting on the branches, so there were some water drops that were rather cool.

Yes... if you look closely, I have a speck on my sensor that I have to remove. It took all of a month of using the D70 before I found a speck of dust. Considering how many times I have changed lenses, that is pretty good. If I had just left the kit lens on, it would have taken a lot longer, but where is the fun in that?

Happy New Year and best wishes to all of my friends.

No comments: