Pentax Class of 1975
I purchased the KX at Monument Camera in Tucson in October 2025. The K2 was an eBay purchase, back in March of this year. I have had to lubricate the ISO ring several times, as it seizes up. The KM, also an eBay find, was purchased in late August. I'm still testing the KM, and it appears to work perfectly. I think it will become my favorite of the three cameras, with the KX coming in second. The K2, aside from its flakey ISO ring, works well, too, and the exposures have been spot-on.
These three cameras represent a milestone for Pentax, as it moved away from the M42 screw-mount. The K-mount was able to accept the M42 lenses with an adapter, allowing users access to their old Takumars. The K-mount lenses are pretty much identical to the SMC Takumars that they replaced. The K-mount also allowed Pentax to add more electronic features as new technologies evolved and were incorporated into the bodies.
Later SLRs from Pentax incorporated more electronic controls and smaller bodies as seen n the M-series, such as the ME. However, I think that if a manual K-mount body is something you want, the KM, not the K1000, should be on your list. It has all the features that you may need.
I'm still working on my M42-Spotmatic book, but I have put it aside for a while. The text is done, and it's just a matter of layout and design. Of course, the question is will it be an e-book or a printed volume?

No comments:
Post a Comment