Sunday, January 19, 2014

Another try with a Konica

Last fall, my mother-in-law gave me her old Konica Autoreflex TC with a 40mm 1.8 lens.  I had previously owned one a few years ago, but sold off my small assemblage of Konica stuff  (which is something I do when I realize I have too damn many cameras).   I liked the TC, as it was a fairly compact camera, and the 40mm lens is outstanding.  So, after I got the camera home, no amount of fiddling could get the shutter working.  That seems to be a problem with that model, and rather than spend more time on it, I bought an Autoreflex T with 2 lenses and a flash on eBay for $30.  It arrived last week, and it is in pretty darn good condition.  I put the 40mm lens on it, and loaded it with B&W film.  I should finish the roll sometime this week, and look forward to seeing the results.  The Konica Autoreflex T, like most of the Konica SLRs, is a shutter-priority and manual exposure camera.  I usually shoot in Aperture Priority with my other cameras, so this is a little  backwards, but still I ca get used to it.
new heavy metal
The camera is a hefty all-metal-bodied SLR with a cold flash shoe, but there is a PC flash socket.  It originally took two Mercury cells for the meter, but I used 2 Zinc-air batteries, and they should do just fine. Stay tuned for images...

No comments: