Friday, June 06, 2008

Fun in the Sun - A celebration in Hockeytown

Hart Plaza Celebration

Marjorie and I drove to Detroit this morning to go and be part of the Stanley Cup celebration downtown. It was a very hot day, and we braved the Hart Plaza area with many, many thousands of fans. I shot a few hundred images with my D70s , and a roll with my Canon QL-17 (a fine street camera), and a few shots with my Holga. Everything except the D70 fit in a fanny pack along with film, 2 water bottles, and snacks. I had my Nikon 24-120 AF-D lens on the D-70 -- a very nice lens for this type of event.

I forgot to put sunscreen on my face -- I look like Richard Dreyfuss after the the aliens disturbed his evening shift in Close Encounters.

Anyhow, we had a great time, and it was nice seeing so damn many people in downtown Detroit enjoying themselves.

No comments: