Sunday, September 16, 2007

Center for the Visual Arts


Center for the Visual Arts
Originally uploaded by mfophotos.

On Saturday, Adrienne and I spent a good part of the day at the Toledo Museum of Art. No big photography show there, but I wanted just to view some of the galleries and it has been about 5 years since I was last there. First of all, admission is FREE. Second, they opened a new Glass Pavilion in 2006 across the street and it is amazing. Third, I saw this amazing structure with the light hitting it just so, and had to photograph it. It houses the school of Visual Arts for the University of Toledo, and was designed by Frank Gehry. I shot some holga pics of it too, and will be hoping that they came out well. I love the dramatic shadows and the form of the building, and the clouds were perfect. It could be a really interesting place to shoot at dusk, too.

No comments: