Monday, February 27, 2006

Techpan, Olympus 35RC and scanning


bodyshop
Originally uploaded by argusmaniac.
It's been a while since I have shot any Techpan -- Kodak's high-resolution b&w film (now discontinued) that has a wide range of uses, depending on the iso and developer that you combine it with. I have about 300 feet of it in my fridge, so at the rate I am using it now, it will last a long time.

Yesterday, I decided to shoot a roll in my daughter's Olympus 35RC -- a sweet little rangefinder camera that I covet. She's away in Austria with her orchestra from Huron High. Perfect opportunity to use the camera, especially since I replaced the dead battery.

Techpan is a slow film, -- iso 25 for pictorial use, and I developed the film in Technidol LC -- recommended for pictorial use with a wide tonal scale. I am very impressed with the camera, the film, and it scans really easily. I scanned some negs at 2800 ppi, and still could not see any grain. It prints really nicely, too.

You can find more info on the Olympus 35RC here and here.

No comments: