Sunday, September 18, 2005

Dave, We Miss ya!


The end of an era
Originally uploaded by argusmaniac.
For many years, we had Dave Kozyra in town, either at Studio Center Photographic, or later, when he bought the business, and it became Dave's Photo Emporium. It was a sad day back on April 16, his last day of business. It was the best place to exhibit photographs in town, as well as a fun store to buy used and antique camera gear, talk shop, or rent a Hassleblad...

I realized I had not posted this earlier, when it was more timely, but I forgot that I had taken this shot of Dave in front of the store. Nonetheless, Dave left a void that has yet to be filled... both in camera gear and in having an accessible gallery.

Whatever Dave is doing now... I hope he is happy not to be minding a store, but he is missed by many of us!

1 comment:

Richard said...

Sad thing to see these camera stores go away one by one.

I enjoyed your site - great combination of writing and photos.

Good luck and keep posting!

Rich