Thursday, July 30, 2026

Lomo Color 100 and a Pentax 6x7

Last October, I spent a week in Arizona, staying in Tucson, and making day trips to explore other areas.  Bisbee, Arizona was on my bucket list, and I was not disappointed.  It's a mountain town, SE of Tucson, and while originally settled due to the mines nearby, it is now a resort town with lots of arts and local flavor.  I've posted a lot of shots from that trip on my Flickr site.  



One of the places that I also wanted to visit was the nearby "ghost" town of Lowell. All that really remains of Lowell is one street (Erie) that was part of the former business district.  When the open-pit Lavender Mine expanded in the 1950s, it ate up the residential areas, and as the homes were demolished, miners moved elsewhere, leaving the actual business district bereft of customers.  Local residents managed to turn Erie street into a sort of open air auto museum with storefronts and signage from the 1950s.  If you haven't visited Lowell, it's worth the short drive S from Bisbee.


I shot a lot of film that afternoon, and some of it was with my Pentax 6x7.  These images were shot on Lomocolor 100, and I'm pretty happy with the results.  After almost a year, I finally got around to editing the scans that I made on my Epson V700.  









If you like vintage autos that look their age, don't miss this spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are trying to spam, sell digital crap, link to an external sales site, it will be deleted. I welcome respectful dialog and comments.