Thursday, November 25, 2010

Soft Gray Days



Today is Thanksgiving Day, an annual ritual of stuffing one's self (not to mention the turkey). Adrienne and I made it an easy day -- and did not go overboard on the food. With just the two of us having dinner this year, there's no point in cooking up too much. However, the pumpkin AND the pecan pies were very, very tasty. Before I got the turkey breast in the oven I made a little trip over to Parker Mill and the pathway from Gallup Park. There was a fog that was up away from the ground, but it gave a soft, sublime feel to everything. Sometimes, that's just what I want.
A little ways farther on the trail, I stopped over at Fleming Creek and really liked the reflections on the water as it flowed over some rocks and branches.
liquid reflections

No comments: