Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Goodbye, Marquette...for now

Marquette from Marquette Mtn.
Taken in October, 2007 from Marquette Mountain.



I am back in Marquette, MI for just a brief trip. Adrienne and I are here to get Jorie and Steph and their two cats and box turtle packed and moved back to Ann Arbor. It's really hard to believe that it's been 4 years since Jorie started college at NMU. She graduated in May, and has had an enviable summer up here. I know I would have a real hard time leaving this wonderful city on Lake Superior. However, jobs are scarce enough, and for an art school graduate, there will be more opportunity in Ann Arbor, than Marquette. Of course, I know that I will be back up here again, but nowhere near as often as when Jorie was in college. Marquette remains one of those places where one can have a dream and possibly make it work since it's cheaper to live up here than Ann Arbor, and who knows what the future will hold for those two young women? I hope that the move to Ann Arbor will lead them to success, too. That's all a parent can hope for.

So, farewell Marquette... for now. I will be back again someday to photograph your splendor.

No comments: