Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Bowling Night - No Digital



Last Friday, I was invited to accompany Adrienne and her co-workers to a few games of bowling at the Ypsi-Arbor lanes (the one with the cool sign). Since I am currently putting my shoulder and right arm through physical therapy, i didn't want to upset anything by bowling with it. Truth be told, I really suck. But since I might bowl once a year, what can you expect? Instead, I decided that I would bring a bag full of cameras and shoot film instead of a ball. My cameras of choice:
  • Nikon N8008 with Fuji Neopan 1600, 50mm f/1.8 and 24mm f/2 lens, no flash.
  • Nikon FG with SB-16 flash and Ilford Deltapan 400, 24mm f/2 lens
  • Holga with Fortepan 400 and external flash

So you see, no digital camera, just the gritty nuance of black and white film. I had a good time, and my favorite shots were those done with the N8008 and the Neopan 1600. The 24mm was a better choice than the 50, if only because it captured the lanes better, and manual focus works better in dim situations (it is an older lens converted to AI).

The results, or at least some of them:

















No comments: