Tuesday, December 25, 2007

I WON'T SHOOT MY EYE OUT

Adrienne, my wife of 29 years, asked me what I wanted for Christmas this year. Since I really don't need anything, but I did want the new Diana + from Lomographic, that's what I told her, and she did buy me one! Now, I know there have been a few detractors of the new Diana+. Of course it's a cheap plastic camera, but I have to say that I am impressed with the features, and that LSI didn't merely copy the old design, they improved on it, in ways that will please photographers that use Crappy Cameras. The new pinhole feature is a great idea, and so is the little device they include to keep the shutter open for long B exposures. The addition of the tripod socket is MUCH appreciated! The hardcover book included in the kit is nice. No doubt, it adds to the price tag of the Diana package, but I'm glad I have it. Some of the writing seems a bit random, but the images are fun.

I love this -- the perfect anti-techno gift with unlimited creative potential. Better than tinkertoys, erector sets, and the chemistry set. And, unlike the Red Ryder BB gun, I won't shoot my eye out. But, I'll be shooting film, and that's what I am going to do this afternoon. Have a nice holiday, in whatever way you celebrate it.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: