Friday, September 14, 2007

Keeping Busy

I haven't posted for a few weeks. Partly because I haven't felt inspired enough to do much shooting, and partly because I have been preparing for a sale of my stuff at the Ann Arbor Artisan's market at the end of September. That wasn't something I had thought about until my friend Kate Kehoe convinced me to do it as part of being an Etsy seller http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5264351

So, I have been buying materials, getting prints made, and assembling and matting and packaging my images. It's not hard work, and I really enjoy cutting mats, but it does take up time in the evenings. Hopefully, I'll have a good sale and make back some of the money I spent for materials. I'm trying to price my work at various levels -- 5x7 small matted images for $6, 6x6 matted polaroids for $25, 8x10 matted images for $20 (some are more), and larger pieces matted to 11x14 from $50 to $75, depending on the image. Plus, my cards will be $3 each, or 6 for $15. Nothing really expensive, and maybe I'll be able to sell some of the works that have been piling up in my work area.

I'll also be entering 4 Polaroid images into a show in Hamtramck, MI. One of them is my favorite Polaroid shot.

gull slide

I hope nobody thinks it is worth $125.00, but if it sells for that, I am okay with it.

The other things going on -- I'm presenting a macro photography workshop at Big George's on Monday, October 1 at 6:30 pm. I have to get some on-screen presentation ready for that, as well. I also have things do in preparation for the Michigan Photographic Historical Society's annual photographica show on October 14, which is about 2 weeks early this year. It will be held in the Novi Community Center, where it's been held for quite a number of years.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

All good stuff, Mark!! Best of luck :)

Therese