Monday, October 02, 2006

Roadside attractions


the fence keeps the sky in
Originally uploaded by argusmaniac.
I know it's time to pull off the road when I see something that I know I have to photograph. In this case, I was driving N on Easudes Rd from the Nan Weston Nature Preserve. I had passed by the fence going the other way an hour or so before, but on the way back the sky and the sun were perfect. I had to pull over on the dirt road and capture this moment. The white fence dividing the earth from the sky and few puffy clouds were a perfect moment. It was one of those times that something just grabs me and I have to shoot it. If I didn't, I'd think about it the rest of the day. I stopped the car... and then backed up about 100 feet to get back to the spot that I knew was perfect.

No comments: