Thursday, March 02, 2006

New Scanner


bisti badlands
Originally uploaded by argusmaniac.
This afternoon, my new scanner arrived. It's an Epson 3170 Photo scanner, and has carriers for 35mm and medium formats. At a price of $64 and free shipping, it's an amazing value. This is the first scan that I did -- a shot from 2003 in the Bisti Badlands in NW New Mexico. Camera was my Kiev 60 Medium format SLR, and it's going to be fun scanning in a bunch of negatives. The scanner is a "factory refurbished" model... so it ought to be well-checked out.

3 comments:

MikeR said...

Nice photo. It reminds me of home, growing up near Farmington New Mexico and southern Utah. I have the same scanner and have been quite happy so far. I am still figuring out how to run all of the features but it is quite nice. Now, I just need to figure out Photoshop and I will be set. Looking forward to more scans.

mfophotos said...

Thanks, Mike... I'm scanning as fast as I can!!

Leesa said...

Scanning can be so time consuming - but it can also be a labor of love.