Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Copying Slides


decrepit bar
Originally uploaded by argusmaniac.
I finally tried out a slide copying device with my Nikon Coolpix 995. It's a simple little device that holds the slide in front of the camera. All I had to do was place it on my light-table, put the slide into it, and shoot in macro mode. Amazingly, it works very well, and of course, gets the job done faster than using my dedicated Minolta Dimage slide scanner. Plus, it allows me to look at a sheet of slides on the light table, pop one into the copier and take a shot immediately. For showing the slides online, I think it is a wonderful way to go. If you have a DSLR and a slide copier from your film camera, you can do it the same way.
This shot is of a closed-up bar in Calumet, MI. It has seen better days, but I enjoyed shooting this decrepit entrance with the broken glass blocks. It has a Detroit feel to it, but it was in the UP. Shot on Astia with a Nikon FM2N, and copied from the slide with the coolpix. Not too shabby...

1 comment:

Leesa said...

What a neat idea. I am still just scanning old slides, since I have a scanner to do the job. But it is very slow.